There are a number of health services available in the area that you can book directly saving you the trouble of seeing a GP first. These include.
Physiotherapy in the Health Centre Tel: 0141 347 8909. This telephone number is open from 8am to 8pm. Remember that you will need to 'opt in' to the physiotherapy service. When you make your referral you will be given information about how to do this. Please check out their excellent website for information on how you can help yourself with videos and diagrams of useful exercise that you can do to help the problem. http://www.csp.org.uk/your-health/exercise-advice-all-ages-fitness
Podiatry/Chiropody For direst access self referral NHS podiatry services please call 0141 201 1270.
Diet and Exercise
Shape Up Class runs at Clydebank Playdrome (currently Wednesday 6-7pm) It helps participants achieve their lifestyle goals by following a healthy eating and physical activity programme. All participants receive free entry to the gym and all classes while attending Shape Up Class. Cost £5 per session. Contact Playdrome on 0141 951 4321
ACES http://www.nhsggc.org.uk/aces Launched in response to the increase of childhood obesity, the ACES or Active Children Eating Smart programme helps children and young people, with the support of their families, to lose or maintain weight and make long-lasting changes to their lifestyle. 0800 027 0291
- Helpline on 01389 744650 for a local stop smoking group including nicotine replacement therapy (NRT).
- Pharmacy Stop Smoking Service where you can drop into a local pharmacy and discuss NRT and weekly support.
- Smoke Free Pregnancy Services providing specialised support for smoking mums to be. Tel: 0141 201 2335
- Smokeline Scotland provides free support and information packs. Midday to Midnight free on 0800 848 484
Alcohol and Drug Addictions
- The CAT team in Clydebank are available to speak to and arrange a consultation on 0141 562 2311.
- The H.E.A.R. service for telephone advice and support for current and former addicts out-of-hours and at weekends on 0141 952 8815
Depression, Anxiety, Phobias and Stress
- Primary Care Mental Health Team 01389 828 203 - Provides therapists to help with Depression, Coping, Anxiety, Confidence, Stress and Self-esteem
- Stepping Stones Clydebank 0141 941 2929 - Provides a range of therapies and groups to help. Lots of information on their website. http://www.stepstones.org.uk/
- Living Life - A free telephone based service for people who are feeling anxious or depressed. Phone based CBT therapy and helpfully available 1pm-9pm. 0800 328 9655
- Glasgow Wellbeing http://wellbeing-glasgow.org.uk/ Excellent web based and free site to help with a number of emotional symptoms with many helpful downloads including information booklets and relaxation tapes.
- Breathing Space 0800 83 85 87 and www.breathingspacescotland.co.uk provides a confidential telephone line operated by trained people to help support if you are feeling down or depressed. Phone lines open at weekdays from 6pm to 2am and weekends from Friday at 6pm until Monday at 6am
- Mood Juice - http://www.moodjuice.scot.nhs.uk/ Another excellent web based self help site for anxiety stress depression and other mood and emotional problems.
- Cruse Scotland http://www.crusescotland.org.uk/ A charity, staffed by volunteers, to give bereavement support to people throughout Scotland. They have teams in the major population areas plus they are able to provide support across the country by phone.
Elderly Care – The Community Older People’s Team (COPT) provide co-ordinated help and support offering a wide variety of health and social care services for patients over 65 to support them and their carers in the community. 01389 811760
Cancer Care - supporting the care provided by the practice doctor’s and nurses the McMillan team in Clydebank can be contacted for more advice and support on 01389 608010.
Pain Education Sessions - For anyone who has long term pain (more than 12 weeks). The sessions give better understanding of pain and how to cope with your pain condition better, understand your medication, reduce stress, improve sleep and manage flare-ups. If interested call Pain Concern 0300323 9966 or text 07548229958 for a call back or email firstname.lastname@example.org and visit http://www.painconcern.org.uk/
Carers of West Dunbartonshire - "A place for carers to turn to" with a variety of different support offered to over 18s caring for others at http://www.carerswd.org/
Men's Shed Clydebank.... about helping all men at different stages of their lives by making available opportunities to join other men in creating meaningful, enjoyable mutually agreed activities in a SHED environment" at Dalmuir Community Centre call/text 07866625660 or 07919027382 email email@example.com www.facebook.com/menshedclydebank or http://scottishmsa.org.uk/ for more information